Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some Like It Hot

I'm in my most creative mood when I'm melancholic. The rains did just that, I'm listening to Ryuichi Sakamoto on repeat mode as I sketch furiously with my 2B pencils. Sometimes, I will forget to eat, and when my work day ends, I'm ravenously hungry.
The weather and Sakamoto led me to the newly opened Ryu, some ten minutes from where I live. Clean and welcoming, it reminded me of those cozy ramen bars in Tokyo. I asked for the house specialty, Tantanmen, a spicy miso base broth with ground pork and soft boiled egg. You can have it mild, hot or very hot. I had it the way I always like it, hot.
Woooof! I shall return.

Ryu Ramen and Curry.

Clean and welcoming, I was reminded of the cozy ramen bars in Tokyo.


Tamanegi, shrimp and squid with vegetables that have been battered and deep fried.



Tantanmen, spicy miso base broth with ground pork, soft boiled egg, negi, and garlic oil with slices of chasyu. You can have it mild, hot or very hot. I had it hot!

Really flavorful without an aftertaste.

Ryu in Japanese means 'dragon'.

Ryu Ramen & Curry, Tomas Morato Avenue, Quezon City (between Scout Lazcano and Scout de Guia)

No comments:

Post a Comment