Thursday, April 12, 2012

Edinburgh Castle

I read about Mary, Queen of Scots when I was a kid of ten. I've admired her then and now as a champion of the Catholic Faith. One Spring morning, I got a chance of seeing her chambers. Edinburgh castle is the first real castle I ever visited. It was quite amusing to listen to the tour guide's stories of great love of the Kings and Queens who've lived there, peppered with good Scottish humor.

Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle

Memorial to Officers and Men of the 1901-1902 South African War

Frederick, Duke of York and Albany

Telephone booth inside the castle gates!



Today, the castle houses the Headquarters of The Royal Regiment of Scotland.

Canons!

A good view of the city.

How did they lift these canon balls?


St. Margaret's Chapel, the oldest surviving building in Edinburgh, Scotland.


Portrait of Mary, Queen of Scots

The Royal Palace

No photography allowed inside.


Potted orange trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment