Skip to main content

Bespoke Dining At Denlim's Kitchen


I first heard of Denlim's Kitchen from my friend Boboy Consunji. Boboy posted photos of the Denlim's pugon liempo (pork belly roasted in a brick stove) on Facebook, and it caused me a couple of sleepless nights. Dennis Lim, the chef and owner serves only one group a night, and dinner is booked nine months in advance. One day, I got a call from Boboy, there was a booking cancelation and he was lucky to get the slot. Excited for the big feast, I walked Mega Mall from end to end, and ate in small portions three days before our appointed day.
Denlim's is in San Fernando, Pampanga, a two hour drive from the metro. Boboy, a Kapampangan was our living Waze and historian, we didn't have trouble looking for the place. Free of corkage, we each brought a bottle of red wine, my good friend James Reyes, and Noel Orosa.
We were a happy group of twelve, Boboy's friends. Each dish personally served by Dennis were wiped out in minutes. I especially loved the bread served with banana heart dip, the Inornong Manok, and of course the Pugon Liempo, the roast pork served with buro which you wrap together in lettuce.
One graffiti in the kitchen best describes how good dinner was - Cohen what?



You can try your luck booking through Denlims Kitchen's Facebook page. Bon appetit!


Denlim's Kitchen's nondescript exteriors

Denlim's Kitchen's shabby chic interiors

"Pugons"



Yes, Cohen what?!

Designer friend, James Reyes


Dennis Lim preparing Puso ng Saging Dip

Freshly baked bread

Mussels, Fennel with White Wine

Smoked Salmon Salad

Shrimp Angelita

Tinapa and Roasted Tomato Pasta

Inornong Manok

Caveman's Shank

Piece de Resistance, Pugon Liempo!

Dessert from LA Bakeshop

Comments

  1. This really is my very first time i visit here. I discovered so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the a great deal of comments on your own articles, I suppose I'm not alone having all of the leisure here! Keep up the wonderful work.kitchen showroom hertfordshire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merit Casino & Resort: What it's Like To Play & Win
    › 메리트 카지노 › Casino & Resort งานออนไลน์ › › Casino & Resort You've arrived at a casino & septcasino resort that's full of fun, entertainment and dining. It's time to get to Vegas and play!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rainy Day Food Cravings

What is it with the rain and food? The heavier the downpour, the bigger the craving, and if you don’t give in to your cravings, you’ll be twisting and turning the whole night counting pork buns in your head. Here are ten of my rainy day cravings; savory, protein packed goodness, best eaten warm with a giant glass of Coca Cola. Aaahh, happiness. Ryu's Tantanmen , nothing beats hot ramen on a rainy night. Tim Ho Wan's Pork Buns, something worth lining up for and going out for on a rainy afternoon. Rain or shine, you just can't get enough of Lugang's Xiao Long Bao . Parmigiano's Lobster Pasta at Resort's World, perfect pre-movie dinner. Craving of cravings, Crispy Pata ! Best I've tasted was from Kinabuch in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Peppermill's Bagnet , crunchy and tender at the same time with a yummy sweet and spicy bagoong dip. Rainy night comfort combo, Poppin's Beef Salpicao , pilaf rice a...

The Cojuangco Ancestral House

Our next journey takes us to a historic town in Bulacan, thirty minutes north of Manila. My road trip buddies, my college friends who all share with me the same fascination for heritage houses were privileged by an invitation from Melecio Cojuangco to visit their ancestral house in Malolos. Mel, his cousin in law Marissa Lopa, Rima Datuin and Evelyn Bautista  and I discovered each other's funny bone   because of our love for the ice cream served in a huge bowl at Peninsula Manila's lobby. One evening, to justify our appetite, we pretended it was my birthday and we had the string quartet play happy birthday for me, from then on, we became good friends. Mel's grandfather,  Jose Cojuangco  was born at the Malolos house, very near the Barasoain Church. Jose's mother traded rice from Nueva Ecija, sacks transported by boat via the river at the back of the kamalig to Binondo, Manila. Like most turn of the century houses, the Cojuangco house uses piedra china ...

The Ariel Power Gel Wash

As a fashion designer, I'm often asked on how to care for clothes. Every now and then, I come across new discoveries; mild soaps, detergents, bleaches, fabric softeners, and fabric sprays. One day, I got a call from a friend, inviting me to join a forum on fabric care and a wash test with Ariel's new Power Gel. I was excited about the new product because I heard it was much better than powder detergent. We like to keep our white shirts white, and our black shirts really black. Black has been my uniform for obvious reasons, and I like to keep them looking new for a long time. I was happy to see Bianca Intal , Liz Uy , Darla Sauler , Rex Atienza , and Tessa Valdes at the launch. We all had the same concerns in proper clothes washing, and we were all just too glad with our great find, Ariel Power Gel . Bianca Gonzalez-Intal Kris TV Head Writer Darla Sauler Stylist and Digital Curator for Style Singapore  Liz Uy Interior Designer and Red Cross Governor T...