Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Again, I went to visit the Betania Retreat House, this time to dress up the image of The Immaculate Heart of Mary. Sister Jo previously gave me a picture of our Lady, to give me an idea of her dress style, and I did a little research on the internet as well. She wears a simple white dress with a blue cape and white veil. For her dress and cape, I used silk tafetta and for her veil, silk chiffon. I placed a small button hole on the bodice where the 'heart' will go through, velcro closures at the back.
The good Sisters and I were really happy with how the dress turned out and we excitedly had our photo-op with Mama Mary.

Happy Mother's Day!

The Immaculate Heart Of Mary

With S. Nenette, S. Jo and S. Gloria

Previous post about my visit to the Community of Betania Retreat House: http://myrefrigeratordoor.blogspot.com/2012/03/house-of-prayer-and-healing.html

3 comments:

  1. Really Wonderful Dress you made JC for our Dear Mama! Happy Mother's Day Mama Mary. I LOVE YOU and Thank you for all the intercessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS A LOT JC :-) NICEST BEST EVER MAMA MARY LOVES YOU!

    ReplyDelete