Part 5 of Our Negros Occidental Tour
The grand mansion built by General Aniceto Lacson in 1880 is called Casa Grande by his fourth generation descendants and current owners, the Claparols family. Catalan Ricardo Claparols married Carmen, the fourth child of Lacson and Rosario Araneta. The couple purchased the house upon the request of the General Lacson and became home to them and their four children.
The mansion is currently being restored by the General Aniceto Lacson Ancestral Home Foundation (GALAH).
|A balcony encircles the whole second floor of the grand house.|
|The ground floor is built of bricks and coral stone.|