Friday, May 9, 2014

Faith and History

In our road trips, my friends and I make it a point to visit a church, not only to admire the architecture but to give thanks for the gift of life, love and friendship. Every time we visit a church for the first time, I get to say my three wishes. I pray for good health, for me, my family and my friends. I pray for my nephews, nieces and their generation to grow up as kindhearted human beings, I believe when you're a good soul, everything that's good in the world will surround you. Finally, I pray that I constantly get inspired creating beautiful things so I can continue being a blessing to others.
We were able to visit two historic churches, the Malolos Cathedral and the Barasoain Church. Visiting churches in the provinces has further strengthened my faith. I am moved by the simple folks' piety and total surrender to our Maker. You feel it when they respond to the priest aloud and when they sing, eyes closed.
Once more, my soul is enriched with faith and history. My deep faith and love of country renewed.

The Malolos Cathedral.


I couldn't go near the altar to take a photo because a wedding Mass was going on.

A monument to the first Philippine president, Emilio Aguinaldo at the Barasoain Church patio.

The historic Barasoain Church.

An old man's bicycle parked in front of the church.



A wedding Mass was also going on at the Barasoain Church.

Barasoain Church ceiling.


Through thick and thin, through sick and sin. From left, Maria Antonia Aquino, Marita Nagar, Beth de la Rosa, Elizabeth Ruiz-Ang, Gwen Tiu-Tangcueco, Maryann Galeno, Joel Joves, Tracy Poblete, Rebecca Almendras, Bernard Bolisay, Dinny Lazo and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment