Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fabric Flowers

Back when I was a young apprentice to fashion designer Cesar Gaupo, when Christian Lacroix and Gianfranco Ferre ruled the runways with poetic creations pinned with the most delicate silk flowers on a cinched waist or on a fichu collar - I frequented El Arte Filipino in Cubao to have fabric blooms especially made to match pouf cocktail dresses and bridal gowns.
Today, I still go to their little quaint looking store for pretty Camelias or Orchids that I so love using for my pantsuits and day dresses.

  

El Arte Filipino, house of flowers

Peonies made from Silk Gazar

Cabbage Roses in Organza and Taffeta

Orchids in Silk Gazar

Black orchids add whimsy to a sedate pantsuit!

Gingham Camelia for a jeunne fille look!

El Arte Filipino is located at 24 Banahaw St., Cubao, Quezon City. Telephone 3922903

1 comment: