Skip to main content

Life Is Like A Good Meal

I love road trips, it's a good time to catch up with friends and clear the mind of worries. As you look at the endless highway and the horizon, it makes you think of life, where it took you and where it will take you.
The day after Trent's proposal to Jenny, we head back to the city. I rode with Pat following the lead of Enrique's van. Pat and I have been friends for more than a decade now, twice or thrice a year, we try a new adventure or restaurant and update each other with what's happening in our busy lives. Today, we find ourselves at C, the famous Italian Restaurant in Clark, Pampanga. I've eaten there twice during the campaign of 2010 and I wanted Pat and Enrique to try their panizza. We had an artichoke appetizer, two flavors of panizza and a pasta dish. It was a good meal, we finished everything without feeling too stuffed. The two weren't disappointed, it was worth the detour.
Life is like a good meal, we savor every bite and every conversation that goes with it. A meal is like life, best shared and always thanked for.

The SCTEx - Subic, Clark, Tarlac Expressway.





Autographed plates of C's famous diners.




Panizza with Pat and Enrique.

The Panizza



One perfect bite!



Photo-op with the friendly C Team.


C Italian Restaurant 1210 Don Juico Avenue, Angeles City / Tel. 045 892 4059

Comments

  1. Wonderful, another good meaning of life. :) "Life is like a good meal, we savor every bite and every conversation that goes with it. A meal is like life, it is shared and always thanked for." Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love checking this site once in a while.. Very nice insights, and the pics make me hungry. I love Italian, and I would sure visit the place soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ruth, it really makes me happy to know you enjoy my blog. Happy holidays!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rainy Day Food Cravings

What is it with the rain and food? The heavier the downpour, the bigger the craving, and if you don’t give in to your cravings, you’ll be twisting and turning the whole night counting pork buns in your head. Here are ten of my rainy day cravings; savory, protein packed goodness, best eaten warm with a giant glass of Coca Cola. Aaahh, happiness. Ryu's Tantanmen , nothing beats hot ramen on a rainy night. Tim Ho Wan's Pork Buns, something worth lining up for and going out for on a rainy afternoon. Rain or shine, you just can't get enough of Lugang's Xiao Long Bao . Parmigiano's Lobster Pasta at Resort's World, perfect pre-movie dinner. Craving of cravings, Crispy Pata ! Best I've tasted was from Kinabuch in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Peppermill's Bagnet , crunchy and tender at the same time with a yummy sweet and spicy bagoong dip. Rainy night comfort combo, Poppin's Beef Salpicao , pilaf rice a...

The Cojuangco Ancestral House

Our next journey takes us to a historic town in Bulacan, thirty minutes north of Manila. My road trip buddies, my college friends who all share with me the same fascination for heritage houses were privileged by an invitation from Melecio Cojuangco to visit their ancestral house in Malolos. Mel, his cousin in law Marissa Lopa, Rima Datuin and Evelyn Bautista  and I discovered each other's funny bone   because of our love for the ice cream served in a huge bowl at Peninsula Manila's lobby. One evening, to justify our appetite, we pretended it was my birthday and we had the string quartet play happy birthday for me, from then on, we became good friends. Mel's grandfather,  Jose Cojuangco  was born at the Malolos house, very near the Barasoain Church. Jose's mother traded rice from Nueva Ecija, sacks transported by boat via the river at the back of the kamalig to Binondo, Manila. Like most turn of the century houses, the Cojuangco house uses piedra china ...

The Ariel Power Gel Wash

As a fashion designer, I'm often asked on how to care for clothes. Every now and then, I come across new discoveries; mild soaps, detergents, bleaches, fabric softeners, and fabric sprays. One day, I got a call from a friend, inviting me to join a forum on fabric care and a wash test with Ariel's new Power Gel. I was excited about the new product because I heard it was much better than powder detergent. We like to keep our white shirts white, and our black shirts really black. Black has been my uniform for obvious reasons, and I like to keep them looking new for a long time. I was happy to see Bianca Intal , Liz Uy , Darla Sauler , Rex Atienza , and Tessa Valdes at the launch. We all had the same concerns in proper clothes washing, and we were all just too glad with our great find, Ariel Power Gel . Bianca Gonzalez-Intal Kris TV Head Writer Darla Sauler Stylist and Digital Curator for Style Singapore  Liz Uy Interior Designer and Red Cross Governor T...