Skip to main content

Instafan


I'm addicted to Instagram, and like most 'Instafans', taking photos of my meal has become a ritual after saying grace. Trying out new restaurants has become twice as exciting, with my phone and camera always at hand.
Smack in the middle of Greenhills Shopping Center, the newly opened Wafu is one place you'll have a field day taking photos. The first thing that will catch your fancy are the Ann Pamintuan lotus chairs, grouped in three table settings for diners who like a bit of privacy.
I had an easy time deciding what to order, I skipped the main menu and chose from the Bento menu. A carnivore, I had the From The Land Bento which had Teriyaki chicken and Wagyu Skirt steak. A must try, my friend said is the Wafu Kit-Kat for dessert. It came with a sprig of Jasmine, deserving of an Instagram shot. One bite and I became an instant fan, it was glorious.

The first thing you'll notice as you step in are the Ann Pamintuan lotus chairs.

View from the second floor.

Teppanyaki tables on the second floor.

Lovely stone plates.


Sushi platter

Bento box choices - From The Land or From The Sea.

From The Land Bento - Teriyaki chicken and Wagyu Skirt beef

From The Sea Bento - Miso Salmon and Shrimp & Veggie Tempura

Thought this was garlic, it's lotus chip!

Piece de resistance, the Wafu Kit-Kat!

The Wafu Kit-Kat was (for lack of a better word) orgasmic!

Comments

  1. is that lotus chips? or garlic chips as you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct Rose, it's lotus not garlic. Thank you for the correction :))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rainy Day Food Cravings

What is it with the rain and food? The heavier the downpour, the bigger the craving, and if you don’t give in to your cravings, you’ll be twisting and turning the whole night counting pork buns in your head. Here are ten of my rainy day cravings; savory, protein packed goodness, best eaten warm with a giant glass of Coca Cola. Aaahh, happiness. Ryu's Tantanmen , nothing beats hot ramen on a rainy night. Tim Ho Wan's Pork Buns, something worth lining up for and going out for on a rainy afternoon. Rain or shine, you just can't get enough of Lugang's Xiao Long Bao . Parmigiano's Lobster Pasta at Resort's World, perfect pre-movie dinner. Craving of cravings, Crispy Pata ! Best I've tasted was from Kinabuch in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Peppermill's Bagnet , crunchy and tender at the same time with a yummy sweet and spicy bagoong dip. Rainy night comfort combo, Poppin's Beef Salpicao , pilaf rice a...

The Cojuangco Ancestral House

Our next journey takes us to a historic town in Bulacan, thirty minutes north of Manila. My road trip buddies, my college friends who all share with me the same fascination for heritage houses were privileged by an invitation from Melecio Cojuangco to visit their ancestral house in Malolos. Mel, his cousin in law Marissa Lopa, Rima Datuin and Evelyn Bautista  and I discovered each other's funny bone   because of our love for the ice cream served in a huge bowl at Peninsula Manila's lobby. One evening, to justify our appetite, we pretended it was my birthday and we had the string quartet play happy birthday for me, from then on, we became good friends. Mel's grandfather,  Jose Cojuangco  was born at the Malolos house, very near the Barasoain Church. Jose's mother traded rice from Nueva Ecija, sacks transported by boat via the river at the back of the kamalig to Binondo, Manila. Like most turn of the century houses, the Cojuangco house uses piedra china ...

The Ariel Power Gel Wash

As a fashion designer, I'm often asked on how to care for clothes. Every now and then, I come across new discoveries; mild soaps, detergents, bleaches, fabric softeners, and fabric sprays. One day, I got a call from a friend, inviting me to join a forum on fabric care and a wash test with Ariel's new Power Gel. I was excited about the new product because I heard it was much better than powder detergent. We like to keep our white shirts white, and our black shirts really black. Black has been my uniform for obvious reasons, and I like to keep them looking new for a long time. I was happy to see Bianca Intal , Liz Uy , Darla Sauler , Rex Atienza , and Tessa Valdes at the launch. We all had the same concerns in proper clothes washing, and we were all just too glad with our great find, Ariel Power Gel . Bianca Gonzalez-Intal Kris TV Head Writer Darla Sauler Stylist and Digital Curator for Style Singapore  Liz Uy Interior Designer and Red Cross Governor T...