Skip to main content

Silver And Lace

I always cry at weddings, maybe because I develop a certain bond with the bride during the months of wedding preparations and jitters. It is much more so, when the bride has been my client and friend since her prom or debut. I would go on and make her first suits for work, her gown when she becomes a bride's maid and then the trousseau for her big day.
I met Angela ten years ago, she with the toothsome smile, our fittings would go on for hours because of the hilarious banter that goes in between. When she messaged me her happy news last year, we met up and she brought her mother's well preserved wedding gown. It was to be our inspiration for her unique design, a simple gored gown in silk Gazar with a hood fashioned from French lace.
I was filled with joy looking at her as I was fixing her lace hood before her bridal march. And as I saw her hug her father at the other end of the aisle, I could already feel warm happy tears streaming down my cheeks.

Angela's beautiful family

Angela's Matrons of Honor and Bride's Maids 

Shrine of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Little flowers make lovely bouquets

Cutest flower girls sang the Lord's Prayer


Chickoy and Angela with the wedding entourage

Best wishes to the happy couple!

Comments

  1. Dearest JC , so touching! I love Angela, I remember when she helped me choose my Jewelmer accessory for the Preview best dressed party, and then I've bonded with her at dinners with the Genuino clan. The dress is so timeless and chic, just like the bride, and you,of course! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Leah!
    I remember that beautiful brooch you wore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Rainy Day Food Cravings

What is it with the rain and food? The heavier the downpour, the bigger the craving, and if you don’t give in to your cravings, you’ll be twisting and turning the whole night counting pork buns in your head. Here are ten of my rainy day cravings; savory, protein packed goodness, best eaten warm with a giant glass of Coca Cola. Aaahh, happiness. Ryu's Tantanmen , nothing beats hot ramen on a rainy night. Tim Ho Wan's Pork Buns, something worth lining up for and going out for on a rainy afternoon. Rain or shine, you just can't get enough of Lugang's Xiao Long Bao . Parmigiano's Lobster Pasta at Resort's World, perfect pre-movie dinner. Craving of cravings, Crispy Pata ! Best I've tasted was from Kinabuch in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Peppermill's Bagnet , crunchy and tender at the same time with a yummy sweet and spicy bagoong dip. Rainy night comfort combo, Poppin's Beef Salpicao , pilaf rice a...

The Cojuangco Ancestral House

Our next journey takes us to a historic town in Bulacan, thirty minutes north of Manila. My road trip buddies, my college friends who all share with me the same fascination for heritage houses were privileged by an invitation from Melecio Cojuangco to visit their ancestral house in Malolos. Mel, his cousin in law Marissa Lopa, Rima Datuin and Evelyn Bautista  and I discovered each other's funny bone   because of our love for the ice cream served in a huge bowl at Peninsula Manila's lobby. One evening, to justify our appetite, we pretended it was my birthday and we had the string quartet play happy birthday for me, from then on, we became good friends. Mel's grandfather,  Jose Cojuangco  was born at the Malolos house, very near the Barasoain Church. Jose's mother traded rice from Nueva Ecija, sacks transported by boat via the river at the back of the kamalig to Binondo, Manila. Like most turn of the century houses, the Cojuangco house uses piedra china ...

The Ariel Power Gel Wash

As a fashion designer, I'm often asked on how to care for clothes. Every now and then, I come across new discoveries; mild soaps, detergents, bleaches, fabric softeners, and fabric sprays. One day, I got a call from a friend, inviting me to join a forum on fabric care and a wash test with Ariel's new Power Gel. I was excited about the new product because I heard it was much better than powder detergent. We like to keep our white shirts white, and our black shirts really black. Black has been my uniform for obvious reasons, and I like to keep them looking new for a long time. I was happy to see Bianca Intal , Liz Uy , Darla Sauler , Rex Atienza , and Tessa Valdes at the launch. We all had the same concerns in proper clothes washing, and we were all just too glad with our great find, Ariel Power Gel . Bianca Gonzalez-Intal Kris TV Head Writer Darla Sauler Stylist and Digital Curator for Style Singapore  Liz Uy Interior Designer and Red Cross Governor T...